Chemistry is the friggin’ worst.
Posts tagged thought.
I don’t think there is anything I wanted more in my adolescent life than to be in a Gap commercial.
I could write about how I decided to go back to school and get a second degree in an effort to make something of myself. I could also write about how most mornings I wake up kind of regretting that decision. Then there’s the fact that I’ve had all these funny observations regarding Blue Ivy’s future playmate and how Kanye is sort of a prophet (But really though, the lyrics of “Celebration” kind of saw this coming). I could mention that since last fall I’ve developed an addiction to Family Feud— and I don’t even like Steve Harvey? Oh, or how today’s the end of my spring break and that blows.
Why did I go back to school again?
Actually, I don’t really want to talk about any of that.
You know what we should talk about?
(Photo credit: charlidos.tumblr.com)
- I woke up with the Murder Inc. remix of Jennifer Lopez’s “I’m Real” in my head.
- Then, I freestyled about the almond milk latte I made myself (the latte was good, the freestyle was not.)
- Now I’m looking at .gifs of Hov and Bey at Barclays Center and reevaluating my short-term life goals (more adventurous type stuff, less Housewives of Anywhere viewings)
And that, folks, is how you do early Sunday mornings right.
While I feel very grateful most of the time to know the people that I know, sometimes I just… I don’t know.
My 25th birthday is tomorrow (WHOA) and it’s kind of hard to wrap my mind around that. The first half of my twenties were pretty spotty and now I’m halfway to 30 (again, WHOA). I wasted a lot of time being insecure and stuck in my head instead of enjoying the past five years the way I probably should have. At the risk of sounding like a played out, “reflective” birthday post, I’m optimistic that this year (and the ones to follow) will have a lot of good in store for me— even though I’m pretty sure that it is mostly up to me to make this happen.
For the next eight days or so, Miami will be invaded with a lot of this. Just one long week of European tourists and ravers holding on to the glory of 1998 while fist pumping to Tiesto and Paul Oakenfold*.
*: I actually enjoy a lot of music under the EDM umbrella (excluding those guys lol), just not this aspect associated with it.
Resolutions, new year, blah blah.
Out of all the possibilities for 2012, I hope this is the year that I ditch toxic people once and for all.
Misery may like company, but it’s knocking on the wrong f-ing door.
I’ve been up since 3 A.M. working on two different assignments because I have yet to learn to the art of not putting things off. I know I always say I’m going to stop doing this, but seriously, I’m going to stop doing this.
There is something kind of comforting in knowing that you are not the only person who is super unprepared for a test.
There’s been a reported case of West Nile Virus in my county this past week. There are currently two giant ass mosquitos hovering around inside my class taunting me with disease.
This is me after my hard drive crashed on Friday and I:
- had to pay $200 to purchase and install a new one
- had to spend two consecutive days hanging around the Genius Bar at the Apple Store
- finally got it back today only to discover that I did not back up anything of importance and now I’m left with a whole bunch of nothing
- also discovered that because of my laziness and general state of I-don’t-give-a-damn, I never updated the OS on my laptop and have been running on Tiger since 2007. You know what runs on Tiger now? FUCKING NOTHING.
Hot Chip: “Ready for the Floor”
This song brings me back to my days as an Urban Outfitters employee. I have the urge to fold t-shirts now.
Monica | The First Night
Real life story: This music video inspired my outfit choice for the first day of sixth grade. Unfortunately, I looked like I was wearing a private school uniform and not as hip as I thought I would.